Light-Cured Reinforced Glass Ionomer Restorative – Resin reinforcement and light curing enhances physical and aesthetic properties making Gold Label 2LC one of GC’s top-of-the-line glass ionomer restorative.
GC Fuji II LC Improved is the world-wide leading light-cured glass ionomer cement. Although designed primarily as a restorative material for use in Class III, V and deciduous teeth, GC Fuji II LC Improved is a multipurpose material, with secondary indications such as liner, base and core build-up.
A Strontium-based Glass Ionomer:
All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer contains strontium glass. The strontium glass provides good radiopacity and snapset characteristics, unanimously preferred by clinicians around the world. Interestingly, strontium will mimic calcium in the formation of strontium hydroxyapatite and strontium fluoroapatite to affect internal remineralization within the tooth structure.
Surface Strengthening Effect:
Research has shown that a strontium-based glass ionomer placed in calcium-containing environment (saliva) will result in calcium ion diffusing into the glass ionomer surface achieving a surface strengthening effect. All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer strengthens over time in saliva.
A Consistent Predictable Seal:
All GC Gold Label Glass Ionomer will display a glossy surface after mixing. This indicates sufficient free polyacrylic acid is available to begin the ion exchange process. The subsequent movement of ions between dentin, enamel and GC Glass Ionomer creates an ion exchange zone which chemically fuses them together. The resulting seal is consistent, predictable and long lasting.
- Class III and V restorations, particularly for cervical erosions and root surface caries
- Restoration of primary teeth
- Core build up
- Cases where radiopacity is required
- Geriatric applications
- As a base or liner.
- Pulp capping
- In rare cases the product may cause sensitivity in some people. If any such reactions are experienced, discontinue the use of the product and refer to a physician
- Allows minimal cavity preparation
- Less stress on margins and marginal seal
- Protects against secondary caries
- Excellent esthetics and finish
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Allows for immediate finishing after light curing while ensuring total material set
- Ease of colour match to tooth shade
- More durable, longer lasting restorations
- Assurance of successful restorations